Contact Me

Monday, May 15, 2017

Yard Mowed; Ants Gone

Yep, that's it for today, and I did not even do that. I had to drive 7 miles to get 100% gas, no ethanol stuff at $2.75/gal. Then, I forgot to get money to pay J. Ugh, two unnecessary trips! Then, I went back out and got milk and a little tub of cut watermelon. Dinner was a banana. Then, I decided to put chocolate chips into an empty peanut butter jar and ate that.

I think I am taking one of those medications that makes you feel awful.  I am breathing so much better. One side of my nose hurts, so I am not sure what that is about. This is not illness I feel. This malaise is not from the heat.

For some reason, the ants seem to be gone. Now, I don't know which works--Terro or the ant baits. The spray can shoots a stream that just drips and dribbles all over me and everything. Maybe it is supposed to be a single shot. Maybe it is supposed to have a bit of spray. This does a bit of everything. So, I only sprayed one place--the door seal on the passenger side. Then, I watched it dribble down the door and window. That disgusted me, so I shut the door. Now, I have one more chore--clean the poison from door and window and below the window. There were no ants in sight when I sprayed.

Today, for the first time in weeks, no ants crawled on me when I was in the car or when I got out. I did see one of the tiny ants as I got out of the car today. I brushed him away. The others were larger, like fire ants. (However, fire ants vary in size.)

I had J take the garden rake and pull out some field stones that prevented her from mowing all the way to line where neighbor mows. They were so large, she struggled. Then, she could still not make it neat because there are some horrid roots that she was afraid would ruin the lawnmower blades. At least she thinks.

Washing my hair and filling/running the dishwasher will be done tonight. And, it is almost 9 pm.

Dominique gave me an egg.

Your turn
Have you ever taken meds that made you very tired? Do you use no ethanol/100% gas for your car or small engines? Whose spring grass/weeds are growing like mad? This summer it may take 3 weeks before the yard needs to be mowed.




8 comments:

  1. My lawn is growing like crazy now. I am hoping to get 9 days between mowings but it might not work. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been more than that for front and back yard. And, it was horrendous. The front yard was mowed last, but I had her mow it again now, since it shows. This summer, we know that sometimes it takes three weeks to even get grass or weeds to grow.

      Delete
  2. We have a tractor as we have 15 acres. Only about 1 acre is fenced, nice lawn. Rather than fight with kids to mow that,we hire it out. I would do it, but I am too small to pull on the weed whacker or push mower for under the fruit trees. Kids don't mind driving the tractor, though.
    I get horrible hand eczema at times. When I do, I have to take Prednisone and antihistamines. Pharmacist always warns me the Prednisone, due to my stature, might make me feel wired, and in the same breath warns me of sleepiness with the antihistamine. I don't know whether I am coming or going! It's awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love the warnings and all the weird things you feel! Have you ever tried telling the kids they can pay for the yard work since they don't want to do it?

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear the ants have disappeared. Several years ago I tried nasal allergy spray the dr prescribed. Totally put me to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one noticed the nasal allergy spray puts me to sleep. Maybe it does since I do that first thing in the morning. It does take a long time to reach full speed. Maybe it the spray.

      Delete
  4. I am so relieved to hear you have your ant problem under control. And kudos to Dominique for the egg.

    Years ago I took some Nyquil and I didn't even make it to the bed. We have the acre we keep mowed and don't bother with the rest. I am getting very fond of winter and summer because we don't have to mow. We have a lot of ethanol free gas around here and that is what we use.

    Weeds are growing like mad (along with poison ivy) and stickers. Our neighbor has goats and we are tempted to stake out a couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter said years ago that she could only take Nyquil at the bed because she could not make it to the bed. I've never taken any.

      You know, I was thinking about that yesterday. This Saturday, I will see a bunch of country guys and may volunteer to feed their goat/s for a day or two.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.